Pages

Tuesday 16 January 2018

"Summer Blogging Journey Week Two Day Five"



                                                              Day 5:  "Come To An End"

Activity 1:  "VE Day"

After long years of fighting, WWII finally came to an end in 1945.The entire country was ecstatic and parties were thrown all over NZ to celebrate VE day (Victory IN Europe).

On this blog, I am going to imagine that I was living in NZ in 1945 and I had to plan a VE day party at my house and I will explain everything about my (imagination) VE party.



-On my VE party day, I think that I would invite all of my 5 special best friends over for a big party.We would eat all of our favourite foods (Manapua, Noodles and Kentaki Chicken with chips.), we would eat our favourite ice-cream (Poison berry, Hokey pokey, Chocolates, Strawberry and Vanilla flavour.) and drink some our favourite drinks ('Otai it's a Tongan traditional juice, Slash and Fanta.) We might go and play badminton outside and also we might go to the beach for a swim.


Activity 2:  "Making A Fashion Statement"

In the years following WWII, things slowly returned to normal in NZ. Soldiers returned home and settled back into regular life, and started playing matches again. In the late 1940s, men and women would go to watch these events, men wearing hats and suits and women wearing dresses, hats and gloves.


Image result for 1940s fashion style kidsImage result for 1940s fashion style

I'm gonna compare the pictures of common clothing from the late 1940s to what I wore now ( i.e. in 2017). (Are they similar or are they quite different) I am going to decide which of the 2 style I prefer and why. (The pictures above were taken over 65 years ago!)I will also going to think what would people will be wearing 65 years from now?

Image result for 2017 stylesRelated image

-When I compare these two styles ( 1940s & 2017 Styles ) I think that they are very different.The reason why I thought it was different is because when I looked at the 1940s styles, the women used to wear a hats, gloves and dresses but the women at the 2017s styles is very different.The women at the 2017 styles are wearing jeans, scarf, long boots and a sweater.Men in the 1940s styles used to wore suits and hats but the 2017s styles the men wore shirts and pants.

-I think that 65 years from now on, people will be wearing clothes create from 3D printing like this one:

Image result for future clothes
Bonus Activity:  "When WWII ended, a number of people from moved to NZ looking for a place to live and raise a family.When they came, they brought recipes and foods from their native countries with them, including hamburgers, pizza and other delicious foods. 

On this blog I am going to think of my favourite sweet treats/deserts. I will also include the recipe too.

-My favourite sweet treat/deserts.


Image result for chocolates donuts
-I love chocolate donuts so much!they're my favourite deserts.

-Here is the recipes for my delicious chocolate donuts
(Optional: 
1) Preheat over to 180/160 fan forced

2)Combine flour,sugar and baking powder in a bowl. Make a well.Stir in milk, butter and eggs until smooth. Spoon into a saleable plastic bag. Cut 1 corner to make a hole. Pipe among 12 doughnut pans. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into doughnuts come out clean.

3) Stir chocolate and cream in a saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes or until smooth. Set aside for 20 minutes to thicken slightly.

4)Dip light-side of doughnuts into the chocolate mixture. Place, glaze-side up, on a tray to set.






3 comments:

Willy L. said...

Hi, there, Seniola!

Great to see some posting happening from Tamaki College! In regards to the 'Making a Fashion Statement' section, I completely agree with you that there are differences between the two styles. I'd say that through the years the fashion has become more 'casual' in a way.

What do you think the fashion will be like in 65 years?

Great work, keep it up!

-Willy

BTS said...

Hi Willy,

Sorry I forgot to answer that question but now i've already done it.I think that 65 years from now on, people will be wearing clothes create from 3D printing.

Willy L. said...

Ahh, gotcha :)

Post a Comment