Pages

Tuesday 9 January 2018

"Summer Blogging Journey Week Two Day One"


                                                       Day One:  "The Early Years"

Activity 1:  "St Joseph's Cathedral" 

St Joseph's Cathedral is just one of hundreds of beautiful Cathedrals around the world.On this Blog,I am going to rank these Cathedrals (Milan Cathedrals, Salisbury Cathedral, St Basil's Cathedral, Sagrada Familia including St Joseph's) from #1 (My favourite) #5 (My least favourite). I am also going to explain what I liked about my favourite Cathedral, and what I disliked about my least favourite Cathedral.

Favourite-Least favourite Cathedral

- #1)Sagrada Familia Cathedral
-#2)St Basil's Cathedral
-#3)Salisbury Cathedral
-#4)Milan Cathedral
-5#)St Joseph's

-The thing that i liked about Sagrada Familia Cathedral is that I loved the design outside it really beautiful,I loved it more because it stands near the water,I love the way the tower stands and I liked the colour that they used to paint it with.The thing that I disliked about the St Joseph's Cathedral is that I don't like the colour,I don't like the design and I just don't like the style of the tower.



Activity 2:  "The Right To Vote"

NZ was the first country to give all women the right to vote.There were still countries in the world (e.g Saudi Arabia) who, until recently, did not allow women to vote.

I am going to explain what I think about the fact that women were not allowed to vote in Saudi Arabia until 2015.Is it fair? Why/Why not?

-I think that the fact why women in Saudi Arabia were not allowed to vote until 2015 is maybe because they think women can't do anything like men's and i think maybe because  that there is not enough women would be available to staff female polling stations.

Bonus Activity:  "In Flanders Field"

As the new century dawned, New Zealander settled into a period of relative calm.The calm lasted for about 15 years but came to a sudden end in 1914 when world war l erupted in Europe.The war lasted for almost 5 years ad claimed the lives of 18,000 New Zealander.It also claimed the lives of thousands of men and women from countries around the world.Every year, people remember these brave men and women on ANZAC day (25 April). Many people go to a special ANZAC day ceremony where they read a special poem that was written fr the fallen soldiers, the poem is called "In Flanders Field" By:John McCrae.

I am going to read the poem and explain what I think of the poem.Do I liked it? and how does it makes me feel.

-For me this poem is wonderful and very heartwarming and i loved it so much.I feel so lucky and thankful that I wasn't born at the time this war has happened.I also feel very sad for those who die on the war because they give up everything just to fight for the freedom of the kingdom but I am so proud of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment