Pages

Wednesday 17 January 2018

"Summer Blogging Journey Week Three Day Three"



                                                Day 3:  "Groovy Man (The 1970s)"

Activity 1:  "Ready To Roll"

In the 1970s one of the most common television programmes was called "Ready To Roll". It was broadcast on Saturday afternoons and hosted by a man named Roger Gascoigne. During the show, Roger would introduced music videos and then play them for the TV audience. He also invited famous people to come onto the show and perform songs that were currently popular.

For this activity, I am going to pretend that I am A contestants in "Ready To Roll". I'm gonna think about what song that I would wanted to perform, how would I prepare for my performance and the props/costume that I would need.

-The song that I would wanted to perform at the "Ready To Roll" is "Man in the mirror" by Michael Jackson.I think that the way that I would prepare for my performance is that I need to practice, practice, practice, know how to dress and pray.I think that the costumes that I would need to wear is a long blue dress.


Image result for man in the mirrorRelated image

Activity 2:  "Bell Bottom Pants"

Fashion in the 1970s was quite unique.

Image result for 1970 fashionImage result for 1970 fashion

For this activity, I'm gonna take a look at the picture of a 'typical' 1970s outfit and then I will thought of two things that I like about 1970s fashion and two things that I don't like about fashion of the day. (Am I a big fan of the patterned pants?)

-2 things that i like about the 1970s fashion

-I like the colour of the outfit because it is very colourful,light and beautiful.

-I like it because i am a huge fan of the patterned pants.

-2 things that I don't like about the 1970s fashion

-I don't like the shoes that they used to wear.

-I don't like the shirts.

Bonus Activity:  "A Bilingual Schooling System"

For much of the past century, schools in NZ taught students in only one language-English. In 1972, Nga Tamatoa member, Mrs. Hana Jackson, submitted a petition to Parliament to ask the government to include the teaching of Te Reo Maori (the Maori language) and Maori culture in NZ schools.We still use petitions to this day when we want an organisation (e.g. a schoo) to make a change.

On this blog, I am going to think of my school and think of one thing that I would like to change. (Would I like to learn about differnt things?Maybe I think that school should only be open 3 days a week?) I will write a letter to my principal to try and convince him/her to make the change.

January 19th, 2018

Mrs Soana Pamaka
Tamaki College
Elstree Ave, Glen Innes, Auckland 1072

Dear Mrs Pamaka,

My name is Seniola and I am in Mrs Latu year 10 classes.I am writing this letter to you inform you that I wanted to make a change at our school.I really wanted to make our schools have a performing arts lessons.

I hope that you will accept my request.

Yours sincerely,
Seniola.








No comments:

Post a Comment